Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th!

Perhaps this would be my first ever friday being the thirteenth month of the day , atleast first i have noticed.
Anyways people consider this as a very bad day and that was how it turned out to be for a bunch of guys of NIT Jamshedpur (incl. me).
The day started normally with me getting up at 7 am and brushing and doing 'the' stuff and washing clothes and taking bath.I had woken up surprisingly ,feeling much better than the past one week as i had been suffering from throat infection and running nose , but to a very hot and sultry day.It was one of the hottest of the 'so-called' ongoing winter days here.
The day just went by and 4 hours of class got over and we had come back to the hostel when suddenly i got a call from one of my friends enquiring about another guy who had supposedly met with an accident.I was in total shock and didn't believe at first but then i came to know that there was an accident no doubt but the person seriously injured was a small girl whom my friend had hit , i hope not wantedly , with the bike.She is currently in T.M.H (A Tata hospital) having a small clot in the head which is going to be supervised for the next 3 days.
Though this is over , the head trauma of the girl is over , what isn't is the trauma of my most intelligent friend.He still isn't able to digest a single drop of water without feeling about what he did , we did out best in sympathizing but then , some incidents are never forgotten and this one is one.
Now that this was first of the bad things that happened , the next is quite normal and funny.There is this girl in my college i have a crush on and had been trying to talk to her since long , say first year.I did my research on her and found that she had a boyfriend in some college far off from here but my heart wouldn't believe that until i heard that from her.So, this too had to come today , while we were chatting , i got to know of this heart-breaking thing which proved all what i heard true.Though i was sad from my inside , i ended up pacifying myself and doing merely a 'siddharth' ever since.One thing to note is that , my stint is over and am back to normal once again.
All the rushing to the AD building to do a work of a passout which was although secondary made our primary aim of catching a glimpse of someone and my first ever face-to-face with the person futile.
The next thing was regarding the preponement of the exam.I had gone to talk to the concerned professor and he rendered it impossible to change the dates.So there went another bad news , now that i have to reschedule my ticket back home which will leave me reach home 2 days later.

Amidst all these bad things , a couple of good ones also came through.We happened to get into a newly opened restaurant called 'The Blues' in sakchi and it turned out to be a very good one worth adding on to our 'Restaurants in Jamshedpur' list and the most important is the unforgettable 38 page sportstar edition with almost 30+ pages with Sachin Tendulkar's photo in it.

As this day comes to an end and i sit down almost completing my blog entry and my sportstar read-thru and although it was quite a tiresome day , but now i don't feel a thing coz spending the evening with your best pals can change your mood irrespective of however bad it might be.
If there was something that this college would have given me after 4 years , that should be the moments shared with these people whom i would never dare to forget for the rest of my life.

Thanks for reading through this entry which is quite different from my previous ones and here is a disclaimer : I mean each and every word of whatever you've been reading in this page till now.

4 comments:

Praveen said...

yeah the accident was very unfortunate and i was shocked too on hearing the news...hope the girl recovers real soon....

and who is this girl you are talking abt....i didn't know you had a crush here....but you should have known that almost all girls in our college are engaged.....bad luck

Veni said...

@varun and praveen : Almost all girls in all colleges are into a relationship !!!

I pity ur friend. I can imagine his plight.Wishing his speedy recovery ( mental grounds ) and that girl's .

chandsona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chandsona said...

well written!keep it up!

hey, who was that unlucky girl!!!!!!